Elastomeric Tooling for Composites
ELASTOMERIC TOOLING FOR COMPOSITES
A HISTORY OF ACHIEVEMENT, A FUTURE OF INNOVATION
Rubbercraft has a proven track record of supplying elastomeric tooling solutions for composites fabrication.
For more than 25 years we have been developing and delivering cutting edge solutions for composite manufacturing processes that are enabling for our customers and have often resulted in cost and weight savings.
With a history of achievement, Rubbercraft is committed to a future of continuing innovation, constantly pushing the boundaries in search of optimum solutions and excellence of product and service.
WORK WITH RUBBERCRAFT AND EXPERIENCE THE BENEFITS:
• Elimination of secondary bonding and/or fastening
• Lower manufacturing costs
• Improved laminate quality
• Increased production rates
• Reusable tooling for multiple cycles
• Vulcanized coatings for ease of extraction
• Autoclave or OoA applications
• Reduced skill labor and touch labor requirements
• Co-bond application
• Co-cure application
• Accommodates curvature and complex shapes
• Accommodates ply-ramps and drop offs
• Reusability of the tooling
Take a look at the details below for information about the specifications & capabilities of our Elastomeric Tooling products.
Typical materials used include: Silicone, Butyl, EPDM, Viton containing formulations). 2000+ proven elastomer formulations are available. Rubbercraft utilizes our expertise to select the optimal material(s) for your application.
Reusable vacuum bags
Composite Repair Solutions
Complex composite shapes, composites with cavities, prepreg and UD tape, RTM, autoclave, outer mold line and inner mold line
Typical applications: Ambient to 180°C / 350°F. For higher temperature requirements contact Rubbercraft for application-specific options.
Solidworks, CATIA, MasterCAM, Unigraphics with a variety of file formats including Unigraphics, IGES, STEP, AutoCAD, Pro-E